Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Irony of Pride

Pride says, "I'm right
I know what's best.
Things are clear in my sight,
Who needs the rest?
Instructions? Don't need 'em
Correction? Ha! For sure not!
Reproof? Are you kidding?
More than you've known, I've forgot.
Wisdom? Oh, that's me.
Understanding have I.
Knowledge and subtlety
And the words of the wise.
I'm so very smart,
Tis truly amazing
Somehow I have the art
Of knowing dark sayings.
The Proverbs of the wise
As well as the meaning
Are dark to some eyes
But to me are gleaming.
In Proverbs number one
The message is plain to see
There is a description
That could only refer to me."

1 comment:

  1. Hi I love this Irony of pride. Is this your own? Also if it is could I place it on my website { Footsteps Of Hope} with a link back here or to you main page? Thanks & GOD Bless

    ReplyDelete